So, now that you have finished building your story, it's time to publish them. There are various ways to publish your web story. One of them is to publish your Web Story to your WordPress Website. Please follow the steps.
Step 1 . Install MakeStories Helper plugin to your WordPress website.
You can install the MakeStories Helper plugin by downloading it from https://wordpress.org/plugins/makestories-helper/ or by searching it in your add plugin search box.
Step 2 - Activate Plugin
Once installed, the next step is to activate the plugin. While you activate the plugin, you will receive a popup asking you to enter the story slug. The plugin creates a post type for MakeStories' Stories. Now, this post type needs a specific slug just like any other WordPress Post Type. Please enter any slug that you wish to use. So, suppose you want your story urls to look like https://domain.com/webstories/story-slug. In this case, the slug you need to enter in the popup will be "webstories". Once done, click save. Please use the following screenshot for reference.
That's it. Now, you don't need to do anything in your WordPress website. All the settings are now saved and now MakeStories can communicate to your WordPress website.
Step 3 - Publish from your MakeStories account
Once you are done with Step 1 & 2, all you need to do is go to your MakeStories dashboard and click publish. Once you hit publish, you will see the option called WordPress as in the screenshot below
Hit the WordPress option. Once you hit WordPress, you will see the form just like the screenshot below.
You will be asked for the following things
- Channel Name ( This will be used for future reference. The details of your channel will be saved so you don't have to add the details again.)
- WordPress URL - This is the URL of your WordPress website
- Story Slug - Suppose you want the story URL to be domain.com/webstories/my-first-story, enter "my-first-story" in your story slug box
- Admin Username - your WordPress admin user
- Admin Password - your WordPress password ( P.S. We do not save your WordPress password. you will have to use it everytime you publish )
Once you add all these, all you need to do is hit "Publish".
That's it!! You have successfully published your Web Story to your WordPress Website.